Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wow, my first post!

This is it, I finally have my own blog! It's something I've thought about doing for years but never got around to starting one. Thanks to my dear wife Thelma, who really encouraged me to do this, I'm now online. Hopefully I'll get the whole blog thing figured out before to long.

Well as the name implies this is all about our farm. We aren't a big farm we grow enough for ourselves and have some left over. But our plan for the future is that someday (hopefully in the next few years) we could make a living off the farm.

I'm not going to limit this blog to just farming but want to include whats going on in our life plus whatever else may be going on. Here are some pictures from this last week.
   
This is Me, Thelma, and Isabella.

I think Isabella picked her own clothes out on this day.

Mr. Winston the cat and Missy the dog have a strange relationship which involves fighting most of the time.

Isabella likes to help you with whatever you are doing. 

We just got 100 chicks on Friday. They are a meat chicken called Cornish Cross. They grow really fast so in 7 to 8 weeks they will be ready to eat. You will be hearing more about these in the future.

This is what it would be like to be the size of a chick.

4 comments:

  1. How good it is to see a post from you, Trevor!! We've been waiting and watching.... and waiting and watching..... and doing some more waiting and watching ever since Thelma linked to your blog! What a joy it was to see you had posted!

    100 chicks... Thanks to your photo, Ryan and I no longer have to wonder what it's like to be their size and to be surrounded by 99 others like yourself. Surely it would get rather crowded. I hope these turn out just as well as the last batch did. We have to admire you for how you are seeking to become more self-sufficient. Your example is a challenge and inspiration to us as we watch you get involved and grow in this 'venture'.

    Anyhow, Ryan and I immensely enjoyed your post!!! Isabella has gotten so big and we can tell that she is developing a personality. I think she's resembling you more, Trevor.... maybe it's the lack of hair at her age!!!! :o)
    Now what's this... Missy's back?! Hmmm sounds like we need to get caught up on the past six weeks!

    This comment is turning more and more into an email so I shall bring it to a close! :oP :oD Tell Thelma and Isabella 'HELLO!!!!' for us!

    Love,
    Ryan and Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan and Ashley,
    Thanks for the comment! You are the first person to post one so I’m excited. I’ve been watching all week for one.
    Yes, Isabella is developing a personality. She’s sweet like her mother and is a very determined little girl. Everyday she gets bigger and bigger.
    Thank you for your kind words they are a real encouragement. We do have some catching up to do! Thelma has written you a letter but needs to get some stamps to mail it. Do you think you may be coming down this fall? We love ya’ll!

    Trevor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trevor,

    You have such a humorous perspective. I really enjoyed your blog post! Love Mama

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your farm plans are so exciting! I hope that this venture is very successful for you both, and may the Lord guide and direct you in the process!

    ReplyDelete